Dear SIGLOG Members,
This year’s October issue of the SIGLOG Newsletter appeared.
In this issue
- SIGLOG Chair reflects on the 2018 Federated Logic Conference (FLoC) and the recent SIG Governing Board meeting.
- Andrei Bulatov surveys the CSP Dichotomy Conjecture and its solution in Neil Immerman’s Complexity Column.
- The Verification column, edited by Ranko Lazić, features an overview of recent research into synthesis problems in Markov decision processes by Christel Baier and Clemens Dubslaff.
- Two reports can be found in Jorge A. Pérez’s Conference Reports section.
- Agata Ciabattoni, Björn Lellmann, and Kees van Berkel report on the workshop “Deontic Reasoning: from Ancient Texts to Artificial Intelligence”, which took place in June in Vienna.
- Daniele Ahmed, Katherine Fletcher, and Julian Gutierrez write about FLoC 2018, which took place in Oxford in July.
- As usual, we wrap up with the latest issue of SIGLOG Monthly, prepared by Daniela Petrişan.